Junior Data Scientist
Data Science & Advanced Analytics in Business Operations
You would become part of a growing internal data science team dealing with huge variety of data across many businesses within the company. You would be involved in enterprise-level analytics and machine learning projects. Participate in the development and execution of complex statistical, econometric, and machine learning analysis especially in Operational Effectiveness. Collaborate with various teams across the company from data science, consulting to marketing, sales and finance solving complex business questions.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented Data Scientists with a solid software development foundation and a commitment to deliver the best possible technology solutions, then we want to hear from you!
Your typical activities will include:
- Analyse, organise and combine raw data from a variety of sources
- Engineering data pipelines, as well as deriving insights and building models from the data
- Map processes, identify data gaps and opportunities for improvement via modelling.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, analysts, and business owners within IQVIA on multiple projects to deliver high quality data products, analysis and models
- Develop data visualisations and interactive dashboards
- Produce reports and communicate your findings to stakeholders and the team
- Conduct research from which you will develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Research current and emerging industry tools and techniques, and share these findings with colleagues
- Drive curiosity and innovation
- Facilitate cross-team knowledge sharing
- Advanced degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Spark
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, probability, and statistics, as well as extensive practical use of mathematical, statistical, machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning and deep learning methods and frameworks
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools (PowerBi, Tableau etc.)
- Experience applying Machine Learning methods to business questions
- Understanding of REST APIs and web services
- Strong analytic mindset and logical thinking capability, strong QC mindset
- The ability to explain complex solutions in a clear and easily understandable way.
- Demonstrated consulting, creativity, critical thinking, project planning, and attention to detail capabilities
Great to have:
- Experience with non-relational databases, graphs
- Experience with building, testing, measuring, and deploying machine learning models in production
- Experience deploying code into production through CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms
The Operational Effectiveness team at IQVIA is responsible for driving enterprise-wide initiatives focused on business process improvement, automation, future of work and more. The team is a constant source of innovation in a dynamic environment, with a focus on productivity, quality, costs savings, client delight, and strengthening our value proposition in the external marketplace.
As the profile and scope of the team expands, we require an additional full-time data scientist role with ideally experience with non-relational databases and machine learning models to work on company-wide, transformative projects. The role will report into the AI/ML team lead and will work with a global team.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com