The Workforce Activity Data Utility ('WADU') is part of the Chief Administration Office's Strategic Initiatives organization ('CSI'). CSI includes a portfolio of cross-LOB initiatives supporting the Global Operations agenda of the Firm. WADU is at the forefront of data driven decision making and is focused on building out a new firm-wide capability that unlocks the potential of our Workforce Activity data to enhance our strategic and investment decisions. It is used firm-wide for numerous different use cases.
The WADU Data team is fundamental to its success. The team's role is to ensure the accuracy of data. We understand the critical need to represent these numbers with integrity and confidence to tell an unbiased story. We value thought leadership, creativity, and logical thinking. Most of all we value team membership.
As a team we are responsible for the end to end data journey, from sourcing of new data feeds, ingestion, data quality assurance and constantly coming up with creative solutions to streamline and improve at every step. We also are critical in determining the useability of data and how it relates to client driven user cases.
The Data team within the Utility is looking for an energetic and driven Data Analyst to join an exciting new opportunity. We need people that can think outside the box, are diligent and curious; and want to get it right.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Understand that good data is foundational
- Supporting daily ingestion of data.
- Evaluate current user cases, conduct gap analysis and identify opportunities for future product development.
- Manage the innovation life cycle of the product from ideation & prototyping through to the translation of requirements to our technology team.
- Partners with our client engagement teams to ensure our end users are getting the maximum value out of our analytics and insights.
- Build strong relationship with stakeholders like Corporate Technology and Data Science partners and own streams of the delivery plan.
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables.
- 3+ years in a Data related role, or in a Change/Transformation role.
- A passion for data, data skills, BIG Data and data tools. Data.
- Team player.
- Expertise in working with data to query, be curious with data and have a sensible regard around data accuracy. Data interrogation and Quality checking.
- Experience around data tools like SQL, Abacus/Abex, Toad, Hue, Alteryx, Excel, Tableau, Qlikview.
- Experience or prior exposure and understanding in data models.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to structure and scope complex problems; team-oriented nature with clear ownership mentality.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, very strong analytical skills and idea generation, with the ability to go from conceptualization to execution. Curious.
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to forge strong relationships with key stakeholders including technology partners.
- Excellent oral and written executive-level communication and presentation skills.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across multiple aspects of the organization at all levels; confidence in communicating with management.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.