- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play across the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT and publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content including marquee live events, and associated inventory which position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technology as well as global expansion. We seek passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
We are looking for passionate Data Engineers to own and optimize the big data pipeline that consumes the massive data sources we require to generate unique insights, including data used for video creative optimization using computer vision and machine learning.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You will be a part of a team of top notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using big data technologies. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and changing the way customers use data to drive profitability. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to develop into a leadership position as you will be among the first joining this new area.
- Experience working with and tuning AWS big data technologies (EMR, Spark/Hive, S3). Experience working with SQL based systems and building data pipelines.
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.