hatch IT is partnering with JDSAT to find a Data Engineer:
About the Role:
JDSAT, Inc. is seeking experienced data engineers to contribute to designing and building a data architecture to support advanced analytics services for federal clients. You should have experience building enterprise-grade data ingestion solutions and, ideally, on cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services.
About the Company:
JDSAT is a solutions company before anything else, and they believe that data, mathematics, and software are the most effective paths to finding a solution tailored to the organization’s needs.
Candidates must be able to obtain a secret-level clearance and be able to be on-site 2-3 times per week
• Designs and builds relational databases for data storage and/or processing.
• Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
• Assess, analyze, and organize raw data.
• Prepare data for use in simulation, optimization, or data science tools.
• Combine information from many disparate sources, conduct data validation/verification, and store the data in a manner that enables database users to intuitively join information across multiple domains.
• Leverage industry best practices across all relevant levels of the technology stack to include the version control system, ETL processes, and the use of AWS cloud products.
• Identify opportunities for new data acquisition.
• Interface with source data in a variety of different forms including APIs, flat file extracts, direct database querying, etc.
• Apply strong attention to detail to identify errors or data quality concerns and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
• Act as liaison between data owners and data consumers to evaluate business needs and objectives and help data consumers understand the art of the possible.
• Design data auditing and data control processes to monitor the status and health of enterprise data systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer/software engineering, applied math, physics, statistics, or related field with minimum 5 years experience working or a combination of postgraduate studies and working in a technical field as described above.
• Ability to assess and profile raw data and reassemble raw data from multiple sources into a single, enterprise model.
• Ability to work in a consulting role, building technology and communicating with end-users and customers of varying levels of technical capability.
• Ability to produce high-quality, professional documentation and communication materials.
• Ability to build and deploy team-friendly code in SQL.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to build and deploy team-friendly code written in Python and R
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience leveraging cloud platforms to build secure and scalable data infrastructure.
• Experience building batch or streaming data ingestion pipelines
Don't think you're 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we're dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status