At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist, to join one of our officers in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra or Brisbane.
As a Data Scientist, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and apply the appropriate pre-processing treatments for analysis.
- Support the selection and configuration of analytical tools and infrastructure appropriate to our clients’ objectives, current and target state analytic maturity.
- Design, develop and implement learning and/or optimisation solutions in areas that might include asset and inventory management, communications, channels and networks, risk and portfolio analysis, supply chain management and marketing effectiveness.
- Design, develop and implement predictive models for areas such as customer segmentation, market basket analysis, offer propensity, demand planning & forecasting, fraud detection, inventory management and risk exposure.
- Design, develop and implement approaches for productionising model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support back-testing/test-and-learn model validation.
- Apply visual analysis techniques and toolsets to extract patterns and meaning from data in a visual format.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Statistical analysis experience
- Algorithm design, implementation and operationalisation experience
- Development of statistical models, such as Bayesian, regression and linear optimisation models (ideally 5+ Years)
- Development of machine learning models, including deep learning and graph applications (ideally 3+ Years)
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages R, Python, Scala
- Familiarity with the following data-related technologies Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, SQL, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, MongoDB
- High-level understanding of architecting cloud-based solutions with the following products AWS Redshift/RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, SageMaker, DynamoDB, Cloudformation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
What we offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $90,000 including 10.5% superannuation.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.