The Marketing Data Scientist within the Analytics Center of Excellence will support the Marketing Department by implementing data analysis, advanced analytics models and solutions to yield insights from large volumes of structured and unstructured data. This position works with a team that is responsible for supporting analytics initiatives to inform business decisions.
This individual will conduct data analysis to understand drivers of customer behavior and performance. He/she will support the Lead Data Scientist in building predictive and prescriptive models to forecast future customer behavior and to inform strategic actions. This individual will perform some data wrangling, ETL, and data exploration tasks, leveraging large volumes of structured and unstructured data. He/she will develop data visualizations and dashboards that Marketing stakeholders can leverage to understand performance, models, and to support data driven decision making.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gathers requirements from key stakeholders
- Develops data design based on exploratory data analysis to meet stated business needs.
- Writes code to collect and manipulate data from multiple data sources
- Works with the team to select and implement model development process from statistics and machine learning to answer business problems.
- Develops procedures to monitor model and production system performance/integrity
- Supports analysis and integration of tools and methods to provide desired results from models and requirements.
- Manipulates large data sets containing large amounts of information to translate into common formats for further analysis.
- Selects the proper analysis technique (e.g., simulation, linear or non-linear programming, regression models, statistical tests, etc.) to ensure proper analyses are complete
- Creates, tests, validates, and documents the appropriate modeling methodology (e.g., optimization/math programming, simulation, decision tree, etc.) to appropriately solve the problem
- Leverages analytics and visualization tools to design and present information to drive fact based decision making
- Demonstrates visualization techniques and supports training to encourage adoption of visualization tools
Knowledge and Skills
- Statistical Analysis: Demonstrates extensive knowledge of statistical sampling, tests, and analyses and chooses the most appropriate method; demonstrates extensive knowledge of multivariate and generalized linear models and time series models; demonstrates an ability to interpret results and draw conclusions from analyses; troubleshoots errors in data, models, and interpretation; creates processes for improving the integrity of existing data.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technology barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for role
- Technological Problem Solving and Analytical Processes: Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using re-defined steps, experience, and available tools.
- Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Participates in evaluation of emerging industry technologies. Understands impact on current IT architectures and infrastructures
- Experience querying relational data systems for ETL and data integration tasks
- Experience working in a cloud-computing environment such as Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience in dashboard development (Power BI, Tableau)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law