Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of Data Analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. We've raised 6mm to pursue this goal.
The Senior Data Engineer will lead our Auto ETL and other Data Tools used by the Customer Success team to onboard new customers to be updated and optimized. The goal for this position is to create clean quality tools that will unlock the full potential of customer data to create valuable reporting, dashboards, and actionable insights. Highly focused on improving the quality of life for our analysts and customers – the Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for building tools that simplify and automate the important data processes in the company – connection, ETL, EDA, etc.
🛠 You will
- Create and optimize customers' ETLs by using the Comparative Auto ETL tool
- Constantly work on Improving the Auto ETL and other Data Connectivity tools by developing, testing, deploying updates and fixes based on new data patterns and learnings from customer data sets
- Create proper documentation and unit tests to maintain high data quality standards
- Help build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources like Redshift, Snowflake, Google Big Query, Hadoop, Spark, AWS Lambda, etc.
- Help develop new tools to assist Customer Success Engineers in Data manipulation, extraction, and visualization
- Set up the best practices and the process for onboarding new customers using Auto ETLs and other tooling.
- Work closely with the data science and business intelligence teams as well as Customer Engineering Leads to understand the data needs of the business and produce processes and tools that support optimized metric development
- Develop deep understanding of data sources to understand how the customer is using the data
👩💻 You Have
- 3+ years of professional experience in the data engineering and analytics field
- Proven experience designing and implementing data pipelines
- Expert level knowledge of using SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data is required
- Strong knowledge working with one or more databases like Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Your are an expert in Python programming and frameworks
- Experience with ETL and ELT tools (e.g. airflow or dbt (preferred))
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with git and working in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- You are analytical. Spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills. You can complete meaningful data analysis: collect the right information and then assemble, visualize, and investigate the information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills.
- You are a team player. You believe teamwork makes the dream work. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.” You relish working in a fast-paced, excellence-driven team and you are ready to broaden your horizons and help other team members.
- You have strong communication skills. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
- You are a self starter. You’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
- You enjoy learning. You are a fast learner with a desire to absorb new information.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave.