Machine Learning Engineer for Product Supply
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Machine Learning Engineer for Product Supply
You will be responsible for:
- Build an analytics-driven product pipeline
- Statistical analysis, computer programming, predictive modeling, and experimental design
- Building cross-functional relationships with the business and effectively connecting within the Data Science Community
- Collaborate with data scientists, IT product managers and business product owners in all areas of Product Supply like Production, Quality and Supply Chain teams to investigate planning and production behavior and develop data strategies to improve product performance and ultimately quality outcomes.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art application of AI and ML in life science industries and research.
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business expertise deliver actionable insights
- Developing comprehensive reporting on model inputs and outputs, its observed outcomes, business impact, and key performance indicators
- Presenting crucial narrative to peers, senior management, and internal customers to create strategic and operational changes in business
- Act as a digital ambassador facilitating the adoption and absorption of digital and living by example the principles of agile product/project management incl AI and ML principles.
We would expect from you:
You are somebody passionate about using statistical and mathematical tools to make the world a better and more efficient place. You are interested in joining a wide skilled and energetic team of IT & process specialists and data scientists working across the globe. You describe yourself as hands-on, able to code and to analyze data. You can present your results and outline potential solutions for deployment to business stakeholders.
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related quantitative discipline
- Intermediate computational skills and level of experience building data models using programming packages ex. R, Python
- Broad understanding and experience regarding software development best practices (agile methodology, version control, CI/CD, clean code, MLOps)
- Expert level knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Linear optimization, Bayesian deep learning, Probabilistic Graphical Network, Gaussian processes, MCMC, Reinforcement Learning and/or Deep Learning (RNN, GAN…)
- Proficiency with linear optimization frameworks or machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Expertise in cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure) and dynamic application deployment and management
- Proficiency in predictive modeling—understanding theory and how to use it in practice
- Intermediate proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts
- Experience in delivering valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge
- High-level business expertise
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Product Supply process areas like Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing and Quality Management is beneficial
- Strong communication skills, including presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, brief, and understandable manner to other teams
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring program
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa