At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
Tink is trusted by some of the largest players in financial services. Today, Tink technology is used by companies like Paypal, Kivra, Nordea and Avanza. Read more about our services and how they are used here.
How you'll challenge an industry:
You will be working in a team with four other Data Scientists as well as backend developers, working on ML-based solutions that enrich basic financial data, transforming it into highly valuable information. Being a cross-functional team we own our two products (with more to come) end to end including data pipelines, model development, productionizing of the model (feature generation and engineering followed by feature drift monitoring), and all backend services needed to serve our customers.
You will have the freedom to explore already existing data, as well as drive the gathering of new data via data lake initiatives that may be needed to achieve our goals.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on are:
- Transaction categorization (classification, NLP)
- One of our products consists of identifying and classifying different types of income, involving both multiclass classification and natural language processing techniques
- Credit risk/purchase power assessment
- Our second product builds on the development of predictive features in the credit risk modeling space, involving both feature engineering and risk modeling
- Behavior prediction, time series prediction
- We are looking at developing new products involving time series prediction
You’ll contribute to the team with your analytical, statistical, and model development abilities. We are driven by solving use-cases with a clear representation of underlying relevant transaction information. Our DS chapter works in a distributed manner and we want the team members to fully own their operation. There is also an opportunity to work with an experienced backend development team to build even stronger data pipelines and put models into production. We also encourage the data scientists to work closely with product/sales to understand the bigger picture usage of our products.
We believe in autonomy and the team has ample freedom to make technical decisions to make their products great and run flawlessly in production.
What we look for:
We believe that you’re a great fit for this position if you’re passionate about data science and making a significant improvement in helping people prove their true finances, and if you have:
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Experience designing models for categorization, NLP, personalization/recommendation, behavior prediction, or time series prediction
- Strong communication skills to reason and connect findings to business
- Experience designing, running and evaluating experiments
- Python and SQL programming skills
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!