Meet our professionalsCGI:
An employer of choicePosition Description:
CGI is seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join our growing team supporting life science clients through end to end solution offerings and professional services.. The successful candidate must be able to work in a cross-functional environment and interact with representatives from CGI, and our end-clients. This subject matter expert will be work at various CGI/and client sites consulting and executing various life science business and IT initiatives from road map assessment architecture best practice phase implementations, and go live
This role can be housed in PA, NJ. Right now its remote until further notice.Your future duties and responsibilities:
Deliver cost effective, automated data engineering solutions to include orchestration of data acquisition and processing pipelines, platforms for multi-tier cloud storage, metadata information modelling, search and reporting.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Deliver scalable solutions and tools for Data Scientists and Bioinformatic Scientists for data interpretation.
- Be hands on within the scrum team on a day-to-day basis, continually inspecting and shaping the backlog in response to the changing business requirements or technical discoveries/POCs.
- Lead technology processes from concept development to completion of project deliverables.
Desired technical skills & experience:
- Python and Java programming languages
- Experience of cloud techniques and tools (we currently use AWS data & analytics services such as Athena, Glue, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, Postgres)
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous development (we use Jenkins, Nexus, Git)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience of working with a range of Data & Analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, NoSQL, container technology (Docker)
- Experience of building scalable high availability analytics solutions
- Experience of building unit tests, integration tests, system tests and acceptance tests
- Agile practices
- Graph databases: AWS Neptune or Neo4J
- Graph Search languages: Gremlin or Cypher
- DISQOVER semantic search platform
- TIBCO Spotfire analytics
- Stretch skills (not required but would trigger a wow):
- Familiarity with medical imaging or digital pathology datasets
- LeapAnalysis virtualized semantic search and analytics engine
#LI-MP1Skills:What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.