Job Title: Data Analyst – Deposits12 Months FTCLocation: Melbourne
- Help shape the future as we leverage data to flip traditional banking on its head
- Get stuck into our huge data sets to create solutions for our customers
- Enjoy modern offices with easy access to great cafes and relaxed working spaces
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Analyst
to join our Deposits Tribe
. The purpose of the Deposits Tribe is to help our customers achieve their goals by providing the right solutions when it comes to how they want to save, use and manage their money. We believe these solutions should be simple and work as intended, all while achieving fair and efficient returns for our shareholders.
As a Data Analyst
in our Align and Simplify squad
, you will play a critical role in the squad’s mission to ensure the closing of Collateral Review outstanding items. You will work on data extracts and analysis for account identification, refund calculations, segmentations and other ad hoc analysis to support decision making.Your skillset will enable you to source and interrogate data, working with a focus on the future, with an active understanding of industry trends to ensure capability development is aligned. You will influence strategic direction by translating insights into practical business recommendations, communicating team objectives and presenting data in digestible, logical and compelling ways.What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Address and solve complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Source data from a variety of platforms (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop/Big Data technologies) to combine, synthesise and analyse to generate insights
- Define and conduct tests to validate that data is fit for purpose and that remediation calculations are correct and accurate
- Continuous generation, monitoring, presenting and conducting of 'fact-based' analysis of relevant customer insights to use at any time for the development and improvement of relevant and innovative customer solutions
- Generate, monitor, present and analyse relevant customer insights, costs, benefits, and risks for customers, clients and cohort products; this could include business casing, what if scenarios and opportunity sizing & assessments
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for analysis, data manipulation and presentation (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, Tableau)
- Understanding of the Banking system and products, service, channels
- Strong customer lens and affinity
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insight surfaced
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Thorough approach to detail, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (translatetechnical into non-technical and vice-versa)
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS115668