Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Data Scientist ( Remote)
FTE Remote San Jose
Today, as part of F5, Shape Security products identify and stop automated attacks and fraud against web and mobile applications of the Fortune Global 2000. Tomorrow, we’ll need to fight even more sophisticated adversaries, while helping human users to have ever more frictionless experience. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
WE are seeking a driven, analytical and highly professional data scientist to help deliver our anti-fraud solution to customers, and to shape the future of what we build. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the opportunity to train and deploy machine learning models to fight fraud, in real-time and on highly visible web and mobile applications.
This Data Scientist will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering Shape’s anti-fraud solution to customers. You’ll have an opportunity to engage closely with customers, and become an expert in fraud across multiple use cases and industry verticals. We are looking for a data scientist who has a nose for identifying fraud and anomalous patterns in huge and often messy datasets, and who is adept at using these insights to build high-performance machine learning models. The ideal candidate will also have a penchant for working closely with enterprise customers, and a desire to deliver outstanding value to them.
- Work closely with customers to quickly understand their fraud challenges, and identify how Shape/F5 might be able to help them successfully fight fraud.
- Identify useful data from customers’ web and mobile applications, and engineer relevant features for fraud models.
- Train and deploy machine learning models to predict fraud outcomes, based on telemetry and customer-provided data.
- Maintain models for customers, and update or refresh them as needed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal teams (sales, customer success, product, engineering, etc) and with customers on the performance of machine learning models, as well as other fraud and data science issues.
- Provide feedback to internal teams on data science, product, engineering issues, and suggest process improvements.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model, interpret and visualize large quantities of structured data.
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with building and deploying machine learning models on large-scale data. Experience working with highly unbalanced data (e.g. commonly found in fraud use cases) a strong plus.
- A passion for delighting customers, and an aptitude for engaging with customers on fraud, security and machine learning issues on a regular basis. Prior experience working with customers on complex fraud or security issues would be a strong plus.
- Familiarity with common web and mobile technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, personable, and persistent. A good listener. Self-motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of an agile team.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm and capacity to learn new technologies quickly.
- A scrappy yet meticulous approach, and a love for problem solving!
Shape and F5 Networks are equal opportunity employers and we embrace diversity.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com ) .
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.