We’re looking for people who put their innovation work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Be part of a fast moving digital team focused on leading edge cloud technologies
- Perform advanced, predictive analytics capabilities for companywide usage cases.
- Create software to analyze billions of rows of data finding complex and subtle patterns in the data to help us predict what will happen in the future.
- Build enhancement analytics capabilities and processes to improve decision making and data accuracy
- Conduct and support analysis on sensor data coming from our installed products and perform predictive service and maintenance resulting in higher customer satisfaction.
- Drive revenue and growth by analyzing IoT data across all business segments and creating actionable information
- Generate detailed customer insights leading to innovation and increases in sales and service offerings
- Work with business users to understand critical business problems and how data can be used to solve those problems
- Analyze, interpret, and re-present IoT data in a way that has true meaning and adds business value
- Building dashboards and reports to effectively visualize data
- Perform data model optimization, anomaly tracking, and process prediction
- Academic background in
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Data Analytics, Statistics or other technology related required
- Previous experience in or with
- 8+ years working in information technology
- 5+ years working on data and analytics solutions
- 3+ years working on IoT analytics solutions
- Interpret large amounts of IoT data to identify patterns in real time
- Working with numerous data formats and types
- Integration and correlation of IoT data with other data sources
- Strong SQL query knowledge
- Strong dimensional and relational data modeling capabilities
- Machine learning design and lifecycle
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms (Clustering, PCA, decision trees, regression, etc.)
- Good understanding of data streaming and data ingestion processes
- Working with structured, semi structured, and unstructured data
- Open-source solutions like TensorFlow a plus
- Big data cloud platforms like Snowflake, Amazon RedShift, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery
- Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Cognos, Qlik or other data visualization tools
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 8,800 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employee
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.