The Recommendation Science team builds machine learning models that recommend best-match candidates for jobs posted on Indeed. The team’s mission is to build the world’s best AI matchmaker that can connect all jobs with the right jobseekers. To achieve this, the team leverages rich data on Indeed and works closely with teams in Tokyo, Austin, and Seattle to deliver recommendations. We use various techniques related to information retrieval, ranking, deep learning, and NLP, and our engine powers multiple major Indeed products. Also, we come from diverse backgrounds, spanning many nationalities from Asia, Europe, and the US.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Machine Learning solutions and lead others to do the same. You have high standards and will take pride in Indeed like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technology career development. You love being in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
As a Staff Data Scientist on the Recommendation Science team, you will:
- Build highly scalable and performant recommendation systems and technologies that can identify best matches between millions of jobs and millions of job seekers in real-time
- Experiment with POC ML model improvements, scale them to production, and run iterative AB experiments to improve our matching technology
- Represent Indeed at major ML conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, and ICLR
- Mentor and grow other software engineers, data scientists, and ML engineers across teams
- Break down larger ML initiatives into pieces that deliver incremental business value and lead the team to execute on them
Who You Are
Who You are
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and building machine learning systems, loves intellectual challenges, is eager to learn, and wants to work with a variety of technologies to “help people get jobs”.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Machine Learning Engineer
- Prior success deploying (impactful) Machine Learning solutions to large-scale production systems
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong sense of ownership as a technical and product leader
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal with both technical and business audiences
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have the desire to solve difficult problems at the intersection of machine learning, data engineering, and software engineering
- Have extensive experience and knowledge with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Have search technology experience such as Lucene, Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Have prior success deploying Recommender Systems / Search Ranking / etc. to large-scale production systems
- Have an advanced degree (PhD or MS) or prior research experience in the fields of machine learning, statistics, or computer science
Who we are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range Transparency
Seattle 183,000 - 266,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767
, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Reference ID: 39224