Working for a leader in the entertainment business (movies & videogames), you will be part of a creative technology department while working and learning daily from high profile experts in digital, marketing and sales.
In a changing business landscape marked profoundly by digital disruption, we develop new methods for analyzing massive data sets to learn about our audience, products and campaigns, and to improve services and operations. We are a pioneer in big data technologies applied to entertainment, working with a large host of technical partners – developing novel methodologies for automation, data stream management, data cleaning and analysis, market prediction, text mining, AI and visualization.
You will work in the Data Science & Engineering team and will establish seamless, open and fast paced collaboration with data performance managers, data analysts and media managers.
Your main missions will revolve about applied R&D, from data to action:
- Interpret explicit needs and conceive data-centric methodologies to answer them
- Retrieve, clean, treat and model the data
- Experiment with new exploration and modelling techniques to answer implicit needs
- Share analysis with job experts to always iterate and move forward
- Visually display data in an impacting way
Skills & software (must have)
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Bioinformatics, Engineering or equivalent)
- You master python and its data science-related packages (pandas, sklearn, ML packages, SHAP, data-vis packages), SQL and Bash (command line)
- You master the different aspects of data science: data handling (data cleaning methods for granting data quality; features engineering and embedding/encoding); Machine Learning algorithms; models interpretation and prediction explanation
- You excel in statistics and quantitative analysis (theoretical & practical knowledge, intuition, ability to understand models and apply them)
- You are experienced in data visualization and data storytelling
A few nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, GCP and/or AWS
- Collaborative programming with code versioning (git)
- Machine Learning experience
- Deep Learning (NLP)
- Operations Research
- Graph Theory
- You constantly keep yourself updated with the latest evolutions in data science
- Inextinguishable curiosity
- Autonomy, real passion for data mining and problem solving
- Ability to explain to non-scientific audience
- Fluent English (and French)
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.