At Raized, we work on improving venture capital investing with machine learning & automation addressing the deal sourcing, screening and due diligence phases. Our engine discovers thousands of new startups every month, categorizes them using an NLP setup, and ranks them according to their success chances.
Our technology allows a VC firm or business angel to analyse 8x the number of ventures typically assessed by traditional VC funds and ensures maximising entry point efficiency from both price and timing perspective.
We are looking for an intern to join the data science / data engineering domain of our remote-first engineering team for 6 months. It's a great learning opportunity towards hands-on data science and venture capital.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and ready to take over responsibilities. We’re creating a work environment where people follow their curiosity and have a strong urge to move the business forward to help fulfill our mission:
- Further develop our recommender system to personalize a customer's data stream and increase the relevancy of items in their data stream
- Develp machine learning / NLP models to evaluate a startup's opportunity of being successful
- Analyze numerical, text and classification data to find correlations, patterns, time effects pointing to signals around fundraising
- Improve our technical architecture and infrastructure further
- Develop software in the entire tech stack (“full-stack”)
- Take “Continuous improvement” seriously by identifying opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste
- Take care of IT security and data privacy
You have …
- At least 2 years of practical data science / data engineering experience
- Advanced Python skills
- Interest in and general understanding of the concept of recommeder systems
- Experience in building machine learning models using text, categorical and numerical data
- Worked with Cloud SQL, GCP and APIs
- Ability to set up and maintain working environments (robust, productive, documented) for our data pipeline and front end web app
- Already built some scalable/distributed web scrapers (as a plus)
- Experience with NLP models (as a plus)
In addition, we are looking for someone who
- Takes pleasure in co-designing and running the backbone of the company, finds happiness to support others
- Is a fluent & happy English communicator
- Operates out of anywhere between GMT+0 and GMT+3
What's in it for you?
- A job in an early-stage startup, with the possibility to take over responsibilities and build a product making an impact for the future of venture capital
- We are working closely with a university chair (ZHAW) and support writing a master thesis or scientific publication
- You will be working with some amazing data sets that cannot be found anywhere else
- You will work very closely with the founding team and have lots of contact with our top-notch data science advisors and the space to shape the product.
We look forward to your application - lets transform the VC industry together!