Catch is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding occurring virtually due to COVID-19. All new Catch members, along with our current employees, are temporarily working remotely from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Catch is embarking on a journey of data-driven innovation and adopting big data analytics to ultimately provide a leading experience to its customers. As our business grows, so is our data team and we have a new Data Scientist opportunity within the team.
By determining appropriate analytical approaches to solving business problems and opportunities and applying the broad skillset across data and analytics, this Data Scientist role will support in the design, development and operation of Catch’s advanced analytics capabilities.
What you’ll be doing
What does a normal day in the life of a Data Scientist look like?
While no two days are alike at Catch, you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- Develop and implement advanced analytics techniques, including working closely with the business to understand which business problems and pain points can be solved through advanced analytics and data science practices and techniques and researching, evaluating and implementing appropriate models and techniques
- Provide data science expertise to the business and contribute to technical discussions
- Interrogate large datasets to identify trends, patterns and insights to help the business make strategic data driven decisions
- Work closely with the relevant business stakeholders to identify various advanced analytics opportunities that will support the decision making within the relevant functional domain
- Leverage data to test hypotheses, define solutions to existing business problems and make recommendations based on insights, statistical modelling and other advanced analytics techniques
- Help the business to make strategic and tactical decisions based on data
- Identify and measure levers that can be pulled to help shift key business metrics
- Work closely with the rest of the Data & Analytics team to design and develop any data products required for analytical works e.g. datamarts
- Experience in scoping, developing and delivering data science solutions and actionable insights.
- Ability to solve complex business problems through advanced analytics by applying data science and deep learning approaches
- Ability to see beyond the numbers so that key data driven decisions can be made
- Strong communication skills to translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits to a non-technical audience
- Highly proficient with SQL, Excel, and BI visualisation tools and an advanced working knowledge of analytical programming languages e.g. R, Python.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and when to use them highly desirable
- Experience in identifying and delivering a range of bespoke Data Science and statistical modelling projects to solve complex business decisions, with hands on experience in descriptive modelling, predictive modelling, prescriptive modelling, optimisation and operations research, personalisation, clustering, NLP and statistical insights.
- Practical experience with selecting and conducting statistical tests. Specifically, how and when to use an F test, T test, non-parametric test, linear regression test, how to assess data distributions and conduct anomaly detection.
- Experience with managing end-to-end data science and analytics projects with the ability to spot opportunities and drive them through to delivery
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that can flex when, where and well that works for you and Catch.com.au 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and life admin stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart Group discount and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.