We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join Asset Management’s Quantitative Research & Investing Technology (QRIT). The successful candidate will join the data engineering team, working directly with investment professionals using a variety of technologies and digital tools to build solutions supporting and enabling the investment process. Successful candidate will be leveraging their experience in designing and implementing database applications using Oracle, Snowflake & Python in an Amazon Web Services (or similar) cloud computing environment.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Engineer
- Reasonable experience in SQL and PL/SQL & Python
- Experience developing and maintaining dynamic products and solutions
- Experience in Agile development practices
The Skills You Bring
- Exposure to building solutions for data warehouse and experience in working with large data sets
- Database knowledge, i.e. RDBMS Oracle/PLSQL, OODB, ODS, Warehouse, Cloud AWS
- Data movement and ETL experience.
- Experience with Python development and python packages such as Pandas and NumPy
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud environment development and deployment is a plus
- Experience with Cloud data storage and access using Snowflake / S3 is a plus
- Knowledge of Java and Angular is a plus
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy is a plus
- Financial Services experience is a plus.
- Always learning and innovating
- Dedication to quality and high standards
- Optimally work in a fast paced, dynamic environment to help the Agile team achieve their goals
The Value You Deliver
- Delivering high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Work as part of a team in delivering complex technical features
- Communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment
- You demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude while delivering individually
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The position aligns to the Asset Management Technology organization which provides worldwide technology and support to the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
The team environment consists of a global Quantitative Research & Investing Technology team of 100+ associates.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,300 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.