GALE is a creative media consultancy that brings business insights to brand storytelling and activates it across every channel. With expertise in business strategy, media, CRM, addressable and integrated brand communications, performance marketing, and technology, GALE creates marketing systems and communications that grow businesses. GALE delivers strong outcomes for its partners in automotive, QSR, retail, gaming, entertainment, telecom and more. Founded in 2014, the agency currently has offices in New York, Singapore, Toronto, Austin, Los Angeles, Denver, Kansas City, London, Bengaluru and Detroit.
Some Brands We Work With: Chipotle, Hard Rock, Got Milk, Pella, H&R Block, BMO, Goldman, Santander, Burt’s Bees, NBA, Hertz. If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
We're currently seeking SR Data Scientists to join our rapidly growing data and analytics team - ones that have a passion for working with real world data to derive actionable insights. Successful candidates for the role will work with clients and internal stakeholders to define, prototype, and produce custom solutions using state-of-the-art big data platforms, analytics, and machine learning.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative field and have experience with large datasets, the Hadoop ecosystem, statistics/analysis, and client-facing activities. They will be enthusiastic, creative, results focused. You will have the opportunity to work across varying sets of data with a variety of clients.
What will you do?
Who you are:
- Define, build, and present models and actionable insights to senior executives leaders across a wide range of industries
- Ingest, manipulate and model large datasets using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to help define the structure of the customer base
- Produce prototypes, POCs, and/or APIs to serve models and their outcomes
- Collaborate and deliver on projects with minimal guidance from managers
- Capable of providing direction in projects and translating business requirements to a technical solution
- Ability to independently perform data science tasks as required
- Effectively communicate insights and findings to technical and business teams
Nice to haves:
- You are passionate about data science and love to solve challenging modelling work using a data-driven approach.
- Advanced fluency in SQL in any databases - Hive, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Fluency with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of statistical techniques and advanced machine learning methods as well as professional experience with statistical programming languages/packages (R, SAS, Scipy/Numpy/Scikit-learn)
- 4+ years of experience with supervised machine learning algorithms and their application to large data sets
- 4+ years of experience in data pipelining, preprocessing, modelling and analyzing big datasets
- Familiar with Unix/Linux systems and command-line interfaces and editors
- Familiar with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience in presenting complex machine learning solutions in laymen's terms to the external stakeholders
- Some experience with interactive visualization of data in Shiney, D3 or Dash
- Specific experience with the following programming languages: Scala and/or Apache Spark
- Some applied experience with ANN frameworks like: Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Mxnet, etc.
- Experience building presentation slides for data science work
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Our Commitment to Inclusion
We believe in inclusivity and do our best work when people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and skills are brought together. Our Core Values are at the root of GALE’s collaborative environment and help to foster a strong community. Our Code of Conduct, Human Resources policies, and executive investment in inclusion further support and protect GALE’s inclusive workplace. GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Our Hiring Process
We want you to be just as discerning in making your next career move as we are finding great talent to join our team. Our interview process generally consists of the following progressive stages to allow you to meet a range of people from various disciplines and domains. Please discuss with our recruiters if you require any accommodations throughout the process to help enable a smooth interview (i.e. accessibility in terms of location, timing, method, etc.,...).