Specialty Benefits area is looking for a Data Engineer with programming experience to join our agile product team and help design, build and support complex data integrations and platforms to bridge the gap between diverse sources and complex analytics and business intelligence opportunities. If you enjoy solving complex problems in a highly collaborative environment, please consider applying today!
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Research, maintain and evaluate emerging data engineering and warehousing technologies and solutions for continuous improvements to solve business problems.
- Design and implement reliable and efficient data-pipelines from ingestion to consumption.
- Integrate data from a variety of systems into refined data products available to the rest of the enterprise.
- Collaborate with highly skilled and motivated product-focused individuals.
- Experiment with new technologies and practices to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines that test and deploy software, data, and infrastructure artifacts across managed environments.
- Work directly with stakeholders to optimize existing solutions and architect new ones to meet functional and non-functional requirements
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of object oriented software or data engineering experience (professional, academic, or community exposure)
- Strongest candidates will have cloud technology experience and exposure to many of the “preferred” skills/technologies listed below.
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices such as CI/CD pipelines, test-driven development, etc.
- Programming languages such as Scala, Java, Python
- Ability to write SQL queries and interpret data models
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Agile exposure
- ETL (Informatica)
Willing to consider remote candidates.
We’ll consider talent at the next levels with the right experiences and skills.
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.