More about this role
Looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join team of Modeling / Architect experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you need to know about this position:
- 6+ years of overall industry experience and minimum of 3- 4 years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Technical Expertise: Experience building data pipelines and data centric applications using distributed storage platforms like GCP, HDFS, SAP BW and distributed processing platforms like Hadoop, HDInsight, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Airflow, Talend etc.
- Technical depth and breadth : Able to build and operate Data Pipelines, Build and operate Data Storage, Has worked on big data architecture within Distributed Systems. Is familiar with Infrastructure definition and automation in this context. Is aware of adjacent technologies to the ones they have worked on. Can speak to the alternative tech choices to that made on their projects.
- Implementation and automation of External data extraction from openly available internet data sources via APIs
- Data ingestion via Data Factory activities and store it Azure Data Lake Store
- Data cleaning, curation and enrichment by using Alteryx, SQL, Python, R, PySpark, SparkR
- Preparing consolidated DataMart for use by Data Scientists and managing SQL Databases
- Collaboration and workflow using a version control system (e.g., Git Hub)
- Learning ability : Is self-reflective, Has a hunger to improve, Has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Deep knowledge in manipulating, processing, and extracting value from datasets;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in GCP, Talend, data engineering or related field;
- Proficiency with Programming Languages: SQL, Python, R
- Spark, PySpark, SparkR, SQL for data processing;
- Experience with: GCP, MS Azure Data Factory, MS Azure Data Lake Store, SQL Database, SAP BW/ ECC / HANA, Alteryx, Tableau;
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broad range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life's moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands globally and locally including many household names such as Oreo
biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk
chocolate; Sour Patch Kids
candy and Trident
gum. We are proud to hold the top position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy and the second top position in gum.
Our 80,000 makers and bakers are located in more than 80 countries and we sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. Our people are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen—and happen fast.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Analytics & Modelling
Analytics & Data Science