Who We Are:
Work is changing. The economy is rapidly transforming. We’re innovating education and transforming learning to help people prepare for the workforce - today and in the future. Our goal is to transform higher education and create as much economic mobility for our students as possible.
Transforming higher education requires talented people.
Come and Make a Difference with Us
In Advanced Analytics at Strategic Education, you will be an integral member of a team that champions data-driven approach across strategic decisions and operational execution in a transformational way.
As Data Scientist in Advanced Analytics, you will have the opportunity to:
- Scale positive business results through the use of big data, ML modeling, ad hoc analysis, and proactive consulting
- Improve operational productivity and efficiency
- Support academic success for our students through the applied use of advanced analytics, and help to identify, pilot and test initiatives for students and faculty that drive improved academic outcomes and achievements
- Help educate business partners on new capabilities and identify insights to improve business results
- Cultivate strong business partnerships through understanding of business priorities and objectives and proactive consultation
What You’ll Do
- Assemble, analyze, and interpret large data collected from multiple sources including phone calls, website, email, and surveys to measure student ROI
- Build Machine Learning (ML) models leveraging the latest algorithms in Google Cloud Platform to predict conversion likelihood, faculty performance, student/learner success and/or persistence
- Develop Natural Language Processing (NLP) models to evaluate student readiness, conduct sentiment analyses to better understand student/learner’s delights and pain points
- Identify opportunities across the organization and leverage predictive analytics to optimize business performance and reduce inefficiencies
- Communicate model results, analysis outcomes and implications in a variety of formats (e.g., Power BI dashboards, Excel spreadsheet, Power Point presentations) and to different audience within SEI
Who You Are:
- Proficient in SQL and at least one of the following programming language (Python or R)
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Econometrics required; Masters and above preferred
- 1-2 years’ hands-on experience developing predictive models and conducting statistical analyses.
- Knowledge of machine learning is required
- Creative thinker and problem-solver who can effectively collaborate across teams and functions.
- Ability to summarize and present information that provides insights and interest
How You’ll Feel:
Being a member of Strategic Education, you will have ample opportunity to
- Learn: have access to a wealth of learning resources including our own online universities
- Grow: multiple and flexible career development paths are clearly defined
- Be part of diverse community: SEI values diversity, equality and inclusion
- Give back: SEI is consciously making positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism and giving back
The selected applicant for this position may be required to work onsite and attend onsite or offsite meetings and events. As such, the selected applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required before the first day of employment. We will consider requests for exception from this requirement under our process for disability accommodation or religious exemption.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at