Location: Surrounding Tampa FL area preferred. Work will primarily be performed remotely with occasional travel to onsite client visits.
Who is FNA?
FNA is a fast-growing, deep technology analytics company and leader in Supervisory Technology (SupTech) and Regulatory Technology (RegTech). The FNA Platform allows analysts and data scientists to map and monitor complex financial networks and to simulate operational and financial risks. FNA’s clients include the world’s largest central banks, financial market infrastructures, leading financial institutions and government agencies.
Make an impact on the global stage!
Apply your curiosity of machine learning and network science for the betterment of all and help us make complex systems safe, efficient and resilient. Join a selective team of brilliant data scientists who challenge the status quo daily and are quietly pushing forward the bleeding edge of analytics with our advanced analytics platform. Directly impact the world's largest and most influential institutions by delivering solutions to some of their topmost predicaments.
We’re seeking out Data Scientists who consider Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Visualizations or Cybersecurity your playground. You have hands-on experience delivering successful data science driven projects and solutions. This role will be an integral part of the Data Science team, working to accelerate the development of our software capabilities while implementing and delivering successful solutions for globally renowned institutions. You embrace autonomy and working remotely but enjoy the occasional travel to interface with clients for implementations, training and use case exploration.
What are the benefits of joining FNA?
- Work with unique and large data sets in projects with demanding intellectual challenges
- Freedom of work with our "Remote First" culture and periods of intense collaboration on off-sites or client sites
- Rapidly advance your career, thinking and skills in a high growth tech company
- Be part of a wave that is changing how organizations and society make decisions based on advanced analytics
- Enjoy working with a team of collaborative, brilliant, passionate, hard-working & humble colleagues who embrace working from anywhere there is a solid internet connection
- Collaborate with top universities though our Academic Outreach Program and publish papers stemming from your projects at FNA
- Fully supportive of your personal and professional growth with an annual stipend for continuing education
- Twice per year company trips to very cool locations for all team off-sites
- You will own projects from end to end, stamp your name to important work and document use cases in technical reports, white papers, etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
As our Data Scientist for Defense and Intelligence you will report to our Financial Crimes, Defense & Intelligence Director and support client requirements in the emergent defense / intelligence space and help craft use cases and demonstrations directly applicable to this space.
- Engage directly with clients to understand business needs and develop use cases and technical plans
- Explore data sets and adapt network science-driven analytics to defense / intelligence analytics practices
- Craft insightful analysis that identifies subtle patterns and interconnections in large datasets helping to create breakthrough solutions and deliver data-driven analytical solutions that solve client problems
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve real-world business problems at scale
- You will own projects from end to end, stamp your name on important work and document use cases in technical reports, white papers, publish in journals etc.
- US Citizenship, Security cleared or clearable
- Defense or Intelligence community experience
- 5 years experience in a data science / analysis role building models that help analysts and add value
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related fields.
- Education or experience in graph theory (not just link analysis in a competing program)
- Domain expertise: all source intelligence analysis experience with emphasis on SIGINT metadata analysis, support to HUMINT operations, counterintelligence, insider threat
- Working knowledge of intelligence data sources (HUMINT, SIGINT, and OSINT especially)
- Proficiency with unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised learning algorithms and technologies
- Experience working with some of the following commercial technologies: AWS/C2S, Solr, NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, Neo4j, etc.), Caffe/TensorFlow/Keras/etc, Hadoop, Spark, Pig
- Proactive, hands-on and curious; always looking to learn, solve problems and improve your skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex models and concepts in non-technical language
- Government or Intelligence experience with Palantir, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook, SemanticAI platforms is a plus
Powered by JazzHR