📍 London / UK remoteAbout Us
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.About Our Financial Crime Team
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We're looking for a Financial Crime Data Analyst excited to help build the bank of the future. At Monzo, we’re growing extremely fast and have over six million customers in the UK, with over 150,000 new people joining every month.
At the core of this mission sits our data platform. We're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. Every engineer at Monzo is responsible for collection of relevant analytics events from their microservices. We optimise for simplicity and re-usability – all our data lives in one place and is made available via our data warehouse in Google BigQuery. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.What you’ll be working on
You will be responsible for partnering with subject matter experts in Fincrime to surface key insights that will help drive decision-making, and using data to solve Fincrime problems. You will work together with other members of the data discipline to maintain high quality, accurate data that our colleagues can rely on, improving our ability to fight financial crime and keep customers safe. Some of the problems you might work on include fraud detection and prevention, money laundering detection, signup controls, helping our investigators do their job efficiently and effectively, and helping Monzo maintain transparency and effective reporting with its regulators.Your day-to-day
You should apply if:
- Build robust data models, reports and visualisations (mostly in BigQuery SQL) that support the Financial Crime team in its mission.
- Translate regulatory reporting requirements into highly accurate data models and set the strategy for how we ensure the best possible data accuracy
- Investigate and effectively work with colleagues from other disciplines to address and improve data quality
- Conduct deep dives into various Fincrime systems for fraud detection, transaction monitoring and customer risk to identify key business opportunities
- Develop and drive data solutions that improve our ability to fight financial crime and keep customers safe
The Interview Process:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're passionate about data and using that data to improve & inform business decisions
- You’re motivated by solving challenging problems, and communicating and collaborating closely with subject matter experts on those solutions
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL
Our Interview Process Involves Three Main Stages
- Initial Call
- Take home task or pair coding exercise
- Final interview including a system design and a behavioural interview
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat’s In It For You
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog
, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report
and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.