We live in a data rich World and more & more of our personal and business interactions are being driven by the application of advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI). At EY, we are helping organisations transform, to continually improve the way they ‘do business’ and lead in the market. We are doing this by challenging the norm, by taking on the ‘too hard’ problems and by helping organisations become insight driven.
Whilst Analytics and AI are driving the transformation, we all know that success isn’t possible without someone taking care of the hard stuff, that is, the difficult platform and data engineering work…and let’s be honest, most of the work needed when creating and deploying analytical solutions is in the ‘data space’.
We have a fast-growing Data & Analytics practice within Advisory, where Platform & Data Engineering expertise is key for driving growth. Whether you are an expert in data wrangling, love bringing order to chaos, have a passion for cloud or can write robust data pipelines we would really like to hear from you. We also believe all sector experience has something to offer, so whether you are Telco or FS, Consumer Products or Utilities, it will all add to the richness of services we can offer our clients.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
We are looking to bring in talented people like you across all our grades. No day would be ‘typical’, but you could expect to be involved in some or all of the activities listed below during the course of your career:
- Supporting the pursuit of new work through client conversations and presentations
- Research & development in support of new data/AI based offerings
- Leading & delivering client solutions using a range of data technologies
- Learning about new technologies/research and how they could be applied for the benefit of our clients
- Mentoring other experienced and aspiring Platform & Data Engineers
- Development of innovative prototypes to bring to life our capability
- Support of bid response work to articulate what value we can bring
- Speaking at conferences, meetups and other EY brand promotion events
- Blogging about what we do
- Collaborating with our partners and other parts of EY
Skills & Attributes for Success
Clearly your technical expertise is welcomed and expected, but we are also looking for your experience and guidance to drive the right solution and approach for the problem at hand. To be transformative, we often have to go after the ‘too hard’ business problem, which requires our people to be creative and really challenge themselves to deliver. We want you to be thinking how you can apply your knowledge and push yourself to learn more in order to solve the difficult stuff.
If you have some or all of the below, then get in touch:
- Strong inter-personal, collaborative & team player skills
- Professional experience in delivery of advanced analytics & data projects (particularly cloud based)
- Programming skills in Python or R, Spark and SQL
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to analyse and clearly articulate complexities in a simple, clear and compelling way
- Worked with open source data technologies
- Data wrangling and manipulation techniques
- Experience of development & deployment tooling, such as Jenkins, Ansible, Docker etc
- Cloud expertise, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Platform & Data Architecture
- Experience of working with leading ETL technologies e.g. Talend, Informatica
- Software engineering experience (e.g. coding standards, version control, testing, review)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Used a data visualisation technology, like Tableau, Power BI or Qlik
- Experience of IoT
- Domain knowledge across public sector, utilities, pharma, consumer products, telco or retail
To join us, you’ll need to bring your passion and talent for all things data; what we need is your human IQ and EQ to be part of our high performing team. Success isn’t achieved from a cookie cutter template, nor from re-inventing the wheel every time, rather it’s a combination of balancing the innovation and industrialisation experience you can bring.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.