Business Overview of BNP Paribas Cardif – Data Analytics - Data Science Team (Data Scientist)
Data and analytics play a pivotal role in the Cardif mission and target the identification and delivery of analytics use cases that are relevant in terms of value/impact generated (ie revenues, costs savings, risk reduction, compliance).
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of an innovative startup-like data-driven team.
You will join a new multi-domain team having the chance to face every challenge with new perspectives enhancing your multi-angle vision, thanks to which you will able to understand all the aspects of Cardif business working side by side with other departments, maintaining an objective data-oriented attitude.
Come and spread the data-driven passion with us!
About the role:
- You will apply your knowledge in ML (k-NN, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.) and NLP and in relevant tools & languages (Python) to develop high-quality and practical solutions in a business context
- You will use Deep Learning techniques to create tailored language models
- You should be confident with common data science toolkits, such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- You should not be scared of using query languages, both SQL and NoSQL
- You must have a passion for statistical modeling and master techniques such as logistic regression, Markov chains, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools would be considered a plus
What we expect from you
- Education: You have a MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics)
- Behavioral skills: We are seeking candidates with advanced analytics knowledge to fill an exciting Data Scientist position dedicated to advanced analytics projects. Successful candidates are intellectually curious builders who are biased toward action, data-oriented and communicative
- Technical skills: You have 2-4 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g. Data Scientist, Data Analyst, etc.). Experience in finance or insurance will be a plus. You should be a good Python developer, be confident with Power BI and the most common SQL and NoSQL DBs. You're fluent in English.
Contract type and Remuneration
The offer will be a full time open ended contract and the relative remuneration will be consistent with the National Banking Contract.
In order to better enhance the CV inserted, the application submitted for this announcement could be taken into consideration also for other vacancies, in line with the academic background and professional path achieved so far.
This announcement is addressed to any gender (L. 903/77; Codice Pari Opportunità)
Who we are
At BNP Paribas Cardif, we insure people and what matters to them. In 40 years, we have won the trust of tens of millions of customers around the world by defending an innovative approach, partnership. Historically, we have always worked closely with many professionals, mixing their field of experience and expertise with that of ourteams. That’s what enables us to do our job the best way possible in the 36 countries where we operate.
If we can create bonds of such quality, it is thanks to our employees. They are the ones who, everyday, build our reputation as partners. Thanks to their commitment, BNP Paribas Cardif creates a world in which employees, distributors and experts cooperate to shape the insurance solutions of tomorrow. When we were founded in 1973, investing on trust and dialogue was a challenge. But history has proved us right.
Today's world requires a high sense of collaboration. We therefore make sure that our teams, today and tomorrow, have the means to work together.
Because we care about those around us, we encourage an open work environment that celebrates creativity, mobility and connectivity. So we created the Cardif Lab’ for our employees and distributors, our innovation lab that links us to the world of new technologies and the insurance of tomorrow. Because we dare to confront opinions, we multiply interactions between us, but also with external experts. This is the principle behind the Jams, a new kind of workshop that brings together employees and partners to develop innovative products and services. Concerned to maintain strong links with the academic world, we also fund the Chair of Excellence in Management modeling of University Lyon 1. By supporting research and sharing knowledge, we collectively take part in the evolution of our business. Put together, these initiatives tell who we are and ultimately underline what sets us apart. They make us different.
The trust of our customers is closely tied to the faith our employees have in our company, its vision and values. It is why we are committed, for them and all those who wish to join us, because together we are the insurer for a changing world