About Capgemini Engineering
World leader in engineering and R&D services, Capgemini Engineering combines its broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software to support the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Coupled with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 55,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including Aeronautics, Space, Defense, Naval, Automotive, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Utilities & Chemicals, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Industrial & Consumer, Software & Internet.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com Disclaimer
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawJob
ERD PPL CANJob Description
Name of the position:
Senior Data EngineerPURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest social media platform which deals with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. You will contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using cutting edge technologies, including building/enhancing BigData processing platform enabling work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decisions about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
- Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improves his/her professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Would Be a Plus
- University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
- 5+ years' experience in data preparation, data gateway, and data warehousing projects
- 3+ years' experience with Apache Superset, Apache Airflow, Spark and understanding on how these technologies work internally
- Strong experience in data manipulation with Python
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Strong OOP skills
- Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Result oriented approach
- Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
- Experience work with Apache Parquet
Data engineer with :
Databrick/Spark tech stack, Snowflake, Python/Scala framework (python preferable), PySpark, Spark SQL/SQL must be strong, Databricks, Airflow, AWS (S3, EC2, IAM), prefer to Presto(good to have).