Adwerx, an Inc. 5000 fastest growing (https://www.inc.com/profile/adwerx) private companies four-time honoree, is dedicated to helping businesses of any size achieve their digital marketing goals. Our innovative platform allows our customers to effortlessly deliver hyper-targeted advertising on social media, streaming TV and premium websites with the power of industry-leading, turnkey automation. We're committed to creating the simplest solutions and best experiences, leaving a positive wake wherever we go. We also have an award-winning benefits package, were rated as one of the Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and is headquartered in the heart of Durham, NC.
See how we're disrupting digital marketing and why we've been awarded several best places to work awards.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join the analytics team to help drive data-based decision making at Adwerx. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data discovery and visualization, deep analytical capabilities, a collaborative work-style and strong strategic judgment.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Executives and Company Leadership to plan and execute strategic data initiatives and drive business decisions
- Manage large data projects from beginning-to-end including gathering requirements, project planning, delivery dates, and evaluation of success metrics and KPI's.
- Use knowledge of Adwerx's business to proactively build tools and perform analyses to measure and optimize the business
- By owning the design, development, and maintenance of data visualizations; you will transform data in to easily understandable and relatable presentations that will allow business users to easily see business results and gain insights from business data
- Be an expert on Adwerx's reporting systems and data flows (currently Tableau, Amazon Redshift, DBT, and Apache Airflow), including troubleshooting of data issues and implementation of new data streams.
- You will have a natural curiosity which will help define the future path of technologies.
- 5-10 years of related experience in reporting/analytics required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of influencing Executives and Company Leadership
- Strong business acumen with the ability to do detailed work while remembering the big picture
- Proven analytical ability/experience dealing with complex analytical projects and large data sets, you can see through the numbers to the big picture.
- Technical knowledge of big data technologies and be an expert in writing complex queries in SQL
- Expertise with data warehousing and database systems such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, or similar tools
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Apache Superset, Periscope Data, or similar
- Experience with ETL / ELT tools such as: DBT, Fivetran, Stitch, SSIS, Matillion, Talend, or similar tools
- Demonstrated ability and a desire to learn new technologies
- A team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- College degree required, advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Bioinformatics, or Physics highly preferred.
About You Bonus:
- Experience with R or Python for Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- Experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques such as clustering and logistic regression.
- Note: Candidates will be screened on their ability to write SQL queries and think Analytically
About Our Benefits And Perks:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- Option to work 100% remote or from our Durham office when it opens back up
Inc. 5000 - 2017 (inc. 500), 2018, 2019, 2020
Inc. Best Places to Work- 2018, 2019
Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work Award - 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Fast 50 - 2017, 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Innovation Awards- 2018 (Jed, our CEO)
NC Mid-Market Fast 40 Awards - 2018, 2019