Canberra, ACTProposed start and end dates:
15/02/2020 - 13/08/2021Salary:
APS 6 and EL 1 levelEssential:
Australian CitizenshipStatistical Data Analyst and Econometrician
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design, use and understand statistical models
- Articulate results of model to non-technical audience
- Articulate policy implications of modelling and other statistical analysis
- Working with big data sets from a range of structured and unstructured sources to draw insights and visualisations
- Extracting and integrating data from a range of sources to develop and maintain a range of reports and analytics products for both internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities/experience and/or qualifications:
- Established statistical modelling skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Commonwealth and State government processes
- Qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Finance, Statistics or Data Analysis
- Knowledge of the Vocational Education and Training sector
- High level of understanding for data and statistics with capacity to co-ordinate team work/project manage
- Experience with analytics tools such has SAS, R, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power BI or similar (e.g. Tableau or Qlik)
This is an integral role within a team which has been established to work on key reforms and is a fast-paced area requiring staff who can respond promptly. The Department are looking for personnel interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a small group of people.About First Grade Recruitment:
First Grade Recruitment is one of Australia's leading Indigenous owned and Supply Nation certified consultancies, with long-standing clients across Federal, State and Local Government, and the Private Sector.
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures and backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!