Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are. Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life; therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.Overview
The Data Scientist will be leveraging analytics and data science. You will build models and tools that allow the business to make better data driven decisions. As we work to drive the evolution of marketing analytics, you will help lead the development of a more cohesive and holistic view of our omni-channel marketing effectiveness. This will enable us to make better, faster and more data informed decisions on marketing performance, optimizations, customer journeys and allocations of spend. You will work with various other departments such as product and operations on complex optimization problems and forecast development.Responsibilities
- Develop and improve multi-touch attribution models, media mix modeling, brand tracking, LTV modeling and other advanced analytic techniques / statistical analysis at scale
- Help the marketing channel owners optimize ROI
- Responsible for analyzing, measuring, and optimizing our marketing investments and tactics across multiple channels (paid media, experimentation, customer communication, etc.)
- Help team create and manage scalable reporting and dashboards that monitor marketing key performance indicators (KPIs), highlight areas of improvement, and influence strategy to identify/quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Work with our product teams to help optimize what choices we are offering to our customers and help measure impact of different product decisions
- Work with our operations teams to better optimize scheduling, forecasting, and other complex multi-variable
- Help identify advanced segmentation strategy that encompasses various customer profiles, data points
- Using internal data sources to improve personalization across channels
- Execute cohort studies and drive analyses to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our product(s)
- Clearly communicate and synthesize findings to present insights to all levels throughout the organization
More About Us
- 5+ years of experience in customer/marketing analytics or other relevant fields
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven way
- Excellent technical skills:
- Leverage R/Python to analyze complex data for data manipulation, modeling, and summarization ( familiarity with statistical packages)
- Using Looker (or other visualization tools) to deliver insights at scale
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions)
- Passion for technology and consumer products a plus
Perks and benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company-paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Employer match
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, holidays and sick time
- Generous Parental Leave
- State-of-the-art office in the historic Old Post Office building in downtown Chicago, close to multiple Metra and CTA options, and amenities such as a food court, onsite gym, and communal rooftop space
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here