Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Computer-Assisted Drug Design team within Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking an exceptional scientist with an interest in the use of machine learning for molecular design. This individual may sit in one of the following locations: Lawrenceville, NJ, Cambridge, MA, San Diego, CA or Redwood City, CA. In this role, the selected candidate will use cutting edge machine learning techniques to accelerate the drug discovery process from hit identification through candidate nomination. The scientist must have a broad knowledge of modern machine learning methods with an emphasis on active learning to advance multi-objective molecular design efforts. Key objectives for this position will be to identify and use machine learning methods to drive chemical structure optimization within the context of therapeutic projects, and to enable other scientists within the team to benefit from those tools and methods in their projects.
The selected candidate will join a research team with a track record of pipeline impact across modalities and across therapeutic areas. This is an exciting opportunity as we combine the best of physics-based modeling with data analytics and machine learning to accelerate drug discovery and bring benefit to patients.Major Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology or related field with a focus in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- At least 5 years of postdoctoral experience or commensurate career experience.
- Experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence work is critical, with cheminformatics or computational chemistry experience a plus.
- Expertise in a subset of open source machine learning platforms, such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, Pandas, XGBoost, DeepChem or Scikit-Learn is essential.
- Competency in programming and scripting required utilizing languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- This position will be operating in a multidisciplinary environment and a willingness to collaborate across functional teams is essential.
- An aptitude and desire to learn and apply new techniques is expected as well as personal attributes of integrity, creativity, problem solving, and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.