You are passionate about MI and helping the RSA Commercial Lines business make decisions based on facts & data. You will support one or several business areas by providing the appropriate management information to the local leadership team.
You will act as an MI business partner and work closely with the area you support to understand the business context and deliver key performance indicators, MI dashboards and ad hoc analysis needed. You’ll proactively analyse data, identify trends and determine solutions to key business problems.
You’ll use your analysis skills to document MI requirements, translate them into technical specifications and work with the rest of the team to deliver technical solutions to business problems. You’ll complete testing to ensure the information is accurate and organise training for the business areas as required. You’ll work closely with the business to ensure the MI is appropriately embedded within existing decision-making processes (through attending meetings, creating PowerPoint decks and reports) in the business.
You will establish good working relationships within the team, with the business area you are supporting and with other key stakeholders
- Designing and producing MI solutions for stakeholders in appropriate formats (Excel, Qlik, PowerPoint) to support and inform business activities and decisions.
- Ensure local MI is embedded in existing processes and decision-making meetings
- Work with business stakeholders to develop existing and new KPI/dashboard measures and reports
- Acting as first point of call for MI queries for one or several areas of the Commercial Lines business
- Working with the rest of the Data, Insight and Reporting team to ensure MI is accurate and effective
- Own MI requirements catalogue for your business area
- Effectively communicate to ensure business sign off on prioritisation and delivery of requirements
- Proactively identify better ways of working and opportunities for automation
- Proactively complete analysis in order to make business improvement recommendations for your area
- Support the business with ad hoc MI analysis
- Support change projects on an ad hoc basis and act as Data & MI Subject Matter Expert for your business area
- Ensure changes to MI are appropriately documented, governed and controlled
- Ensure best practice and process documents are created to support training across the team
- Managing relationships across Commercial Lines and stakeholder teams to achieve the best outcomes for Commercial Lines business
- Background in insurance
- Experience of information analysis methods and tools
- Excellent organisational skills across a varied workload, ability to prioritise tasks to meet agreed deadlines
- Proven desire of developing operational processes and systems for the creation of MI
- Sound commercial awareness and the ability to provide value add to Commercial Lines business
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Experience in analysing complex sets of data – must have
- Experience in pricing and/or product analysis is an advantage
- Experience of BI tools would be advantageous (Qlik)
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.
Job Reference: UK06938