The primary purpose of the role is to:
Work closely with stakeholders and IT development teams to build highly scalable data platform in Microsoft Azure environment that enables data ingestion, storage, and preparation of massive datasets;
- Design and develop data pipelines for data movement and data orchestration using Azure Data Factory;
- Develop, implement and maintain Azure Data Lake Storage and Blob Storage;
- Automate the management and deployment of Azure resources using ARM templates, Azure CLI and PowerShell;
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment processes using Git and Docker containers;
- Develop and maintain scripts using Python to perform automated tasks;
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Networking in Azure platform;
As the Business Intelligence (BI) Data Engineer, you report directly to the BI Lead Analyst.
You have no direct or indirect reports.
Your key responsibilities:
Programming/ Software development – SFIA PROG level 4
Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
Data Management – SFIA DATM level 4
Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability and security of specific subsets of data. Assesses the integrity of data from multiple sources (including, for example, from sensors & measurement systems). Provides advice on the transformation of data/information from one format/medium to another, where appropriate. Maintains and implements information handling procedures. Enables the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data structures and protection measures. Manipulates specific data from information services, to satisfy local or specific information needs.
Technical Specialism – SFIA TECH level 4
Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure and the Microsoft B.I. stack and provides expert advice regarding their components to perform data operations.
Database Design – SFIA DBDS level 3
Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities. Analyses data requirements to establish, modify or maintain object/data models. Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
Systems Integration – SFIA SINT level 4
Defines the integration build, accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target environment. Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, and conducts tests, recording details of any failures and carrying out fault diagnosis.
Application Support – SFIA ASUP level 3
Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
Your key working relationships:
The BI Data Engineer will need to develop strong relationships with the following internal parties:
- Infrastructure team;
- IT Support Team;
- Business Intelligence Team;
- Innovations Team
In addition, the BI Data Engineer will need to develop strong external relationships with various individuals/agencies/key stakeholders/Consultants.
- Proficient with SQL Azure platform, Microsoft business intelligence suite, Tableau Server;
- Experienced in designing and developing data movement and orchestration pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL;
- Manage CI CD build, release, deploy process with Git / Docker containers;
- Automate azure resources using Azure CLI, ARM templates and PowerShell.
- SQL Server (SSMS/SSIS);
- Excellent working knowledge in writing scripts in Python;
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions in Azure
- Worked on Agile methodology with an experience in writing stories, work-breakdown-structure, estimating story points and delivering in sprints.
- Work with Project Management and Data Warehouse teams to translate requirements into project scope, and deliver on scope;
- Absolute focus on service to users.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner and build relationships with a broad range of people;
Other requirements for this role:
- Outstanding personal manners, courtesy and respect
- Ability to work without direct supervision
Our purpose is to create care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. Asking what if and why not? And being focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients.
We are a team of 2,500 professionals who believe care should be focused on the individual, not the condition. That care should be available when and where people need it most and it should be designed to help give people the best life outcomes possible. We specialise in treating and innovating in cancer and heart disease, the two biggest diseases that impact people’s lives. We’re proud that we are designing better care for more people around the world every day.
Globally, we have more than 140 GenesisCare centres to help us bring patients the right care. For radiation oncology, that includes centres in the UK, Spain and Australia. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia.
Today, we are a mix of highly trained healthcare professionals, innovative support staff and leaders who share a common purpose: to design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. We want you to share that sense of purpose, helping us deliver high quality care to the people who need it, in a way that is efficient and leverages our global network.
Empathy for all
We do all we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other. Because only through understanding can we work well together inside GenesisCare, and make the necessary difference to the experience and life outcomes of the patients we treat.
Partnership, inside and out
We achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. Designing better care will only be possible if we work together, with each other inside GenesisCare and with people and our partners from outside, who want the same things we do and who want be part of our purpose.
Innovation every day
We all contribute insightful, innovative ideas, both big and small. Because great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, and we know that insight and evidence is the best way to unlock them, to design better care.
Bravery to have a go
We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality, because at GenesisCare that’s our DNA. We will only fulfil our purpose if we try, learn and commit ourselves to making things happen; after all, nothing means more to us than getting you the best life outcomes possible.
Quality and safety
GenesisCare strives to continuously improve the quality and safety of our workers and services provided to our patients and their carers in line with our vision and values.
- Report risks and hazards to line manager and proactively participate in risk reduction strategies
- Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of the Safety & Quality Management System
- Participate in Safety and Quality activities and audits as delegated by line manager
- Be accountable for own actions and seek assistance when necessary
- Demonstrate knowledge/competency in performance of skills relevant to the role, including completion of mandatory training
Legislated individual Work Health & Safety Duties for all workers:
- Take reasonable care for your own and others’ health and safety
- Take reasonable care that any of your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
Participate in WHS training, tasks and other activities as required or instructed.