Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer for Honeywell International Inc.
- Perform data acquisition, build data connectors, and develop big data platform, solution architecting.
- Working within Agile framework, serve as part of a team that delivers contemporary analytics solutions for all Honeywell business groups and functions.
- Build strong relationships with leadership to effectively deliver contemporary data analytics solutions and contribute directly to business success.
- Develop solutions on various Database systems viz. Hive, Hadoop, PostgreSQL.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Collaborate to build products from the idea phase through launch and beyond.
- Work as a team to create a new platform using your experience of APIs, microservices, and platform development.
- Communicate progress to technical, business and functional teams.
- Participate as subject matter expert in Aerospace, Enterprise Analytics and technical lead during PI planning sessions.
Additional Information:Requirements:Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Management or Data Science or related field and 3 years of with data engineering or data science experience. Alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in stated fields and 5 years of experience with big data environment. Must possess 3 years of experience with: developing and deploying complex big data ingestion jobs in Talend/ Informatica BDM, bringing prototypes to production on Hadoop/ NoSQL/ MPP platforms; python programming language; big data tool sets including dremio, databricks, and spark; relational and unstructured data; relational databases; automating data flows; building connectors, including API development, maintenance and deployment; hands- on experience with MapReduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, and automation of data flow using tools, such as NiFi and Airflow/ Oozie; developing and building applications to process very large amounts of data; working with at least one NoSQL system (HBase, Cassandra, and/or MongoDB); writing complex SQL statements; working with and optimizing code in cloud-based deployments; and hands-on experience in Cloudera, Hortonworks, and/or Cloud based Hadoop distributions; and in the Aerospace industry. Up to 25% International and Domestic is required.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employee Referral Fee: $1500.00
If offered employment must have legal right to work in U.S. EOE.
Contact: HR Services, Honeywell International, Inc., 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Please reference: RK/rv: req268682
- JOB ID: req268682
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.