At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
We combine our AI and machine learning expertise with our business and industry acumen to execute on business problems and build tangible enterprise solutions, come check us out.
What will your typical day look like?
You will be constantly engaging stakeholders (client or otherwise) to identify client problems and develop solutions. Through workshops, interviews, and research, you will identify gaps in current business and technology capabilities and work with a multi-functional team to define a future vision, the ‘Art of the Possible’. You will identify and grow uses cases into Proof of Concepts, define governance and operating models, and develop roadmaps to help a client execute on initiatives – all around applications of AI, Advanced Analytics, and Data. Finally, you will guide clients through these efforts, socializing results and effecting change management.
About the team
Omnia AI’s Data Science team is multi-discipline team of over 50 people across offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. The lead in identifying use cases, designing and building models, and working with Omnia peers to deploy large-scale solutions in data science. Applications include domains of supply chain management, customer & marketing, in government, financial services, energy and resources, consumer, and healthcare industries.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Graduating from an undergraduate or graduate degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering or other related programs by September 2022
- Able to look at objectives and data and apply the right data science technique given both
- Can find value in data and how it helps companies achieve real and strategic value
- Driven to solve the problem at hand and bring their best ever day through positivity, communication and great time and task management
- Proficient in data science, machine learning and deep-learning toolkits in Python
- Exposed to data wrangling toolkits such as SQL, Hive and others
- Exposed to cloud technologies from Google, Amazon and Microsoft
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by January 23, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document here:
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.