ECS is seeking a Junior Data Scientist - Temporary to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS seeks a Junior Data Scientist to support the development and integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cloud Solutions for the summer of 2020.
- The work is performed in a multidisciplinary small team environment in an agile project framework.
- The candidate is highly motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new technologies where deadlines are important to national security.
- The candidate will be contributing to a pathfinder program for the Department of Defense (DoD) that has the potential to change the way we gather and share intelligence.
- Participate in technical exchange meetings and discussions with our customers, vendors, and internal team to help coordinate, prioritize, and track datasets supporting AI efforts
- Work closely with software engineers and architects to extract, transform and standardize data to prepare for ingest into Machine Learning (ML) development environments
- Support continuous process automation for data ingest
- Assist with the design and development of data services and/or pipelines as part of an Agile team
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully under changing priorities and deadlines
- Contribute to an environment that promotes customer service, excellence, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Must be a US Citizen
- High School Diploma
- Coursework or work experience in one of the related areas: Data Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Linux applications, python, java and/or SQL
- Experience transforming and manipulating data sets
- Experience working with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.