Data Engineer (Corporate Strategy Department)
100 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Data Engineer. The selected candidate will build high-quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that propel analytics platforms and be responsible for building, managing and optimizing data pipelines that delver curated data for key analytics consumers and initiatives.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts and other data consumers on analytical solutions and models they've developed to optimize them for data quality, security and governance and deploy them to production
- Discover, understand, and integrate new internal and external data sources, structures, and process pipelines
- Lead and engage in all activities associated with design, development, implementation, and support of ETL/ELT processes
- Implement data structures on a variety of databases and platforms, including data lakes, data warehouses, online caches and real-time systems, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Redshift, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Snowflake
- Architect implement, optimize and maintain reliable data pipelines from source acquisition to integration and consumption while guaranteeing compliance with data governance and data security requirements
- Partner streaming and batch processing mechanisms to provide timely but efficient to produce actionable insights and drive business value
- Utilize various data modeling methodologies such as relational 3rd normal form, star schema, snowflake schema, schema-on-read, data vault, etc. to design and implement data models
- Use innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to automate the most common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity
- Create data migration applications that manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data lineage, metadata management, data quality, data patterns, data curation, etc.
- Integrate analytics and data science capabilities into business processes to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in data management, computer science, information systems, mathematics, data/analytics or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as R, Python, Java, or C++
- Basic understanding of data science platforms such SAS, R, and Python
- Thorough knowledge of relational and non-relational database theory and structured query language (SQL)
- Skilled working across multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and logical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time to handle competing high priority projects
- Significant experience in successfully launching, planning, executing data engineering projects
Relocation assistance may apply
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.