Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify internal and external data visualization and reporting needs, in collaboration with the Head of Strategic Analytics, Design Team and Business Intelligence
- Fulfill data visualization and reporting needs through the development of intuitive, engaging, insightful, and attractive dashboards and visualizations in Tableau, or other data visualization tools
- Prepare data visualizations and summarize key takeaways for presentations and reports, including data visualizations for external sources
- Clean and organize large datasets, for analysis and visualization; verify and ensure accuracy, integrity, and consistency of data
- Understand the implications of data, and interpret data in context, including identifying trends and outliers
- Help with the selection and roll-out of data visualization tools and dashboards
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for grant-related information and data visualizations
- Assist the Center for Data Sciences team with the development system configuration and testing
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Leadership
- Keep abreast of best practices in the use of technology in data visualization and evaluation and participate in relevant professional organizations for professional development
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, statistics, or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in a research and data visualization environment
- Expertise building and creating engaging and effective dashboards and data visualizations with common visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Experience working with multiple data systems, large relational databases, and SQL
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling, and tools such as R, STATA, SPSS, and Crystal Reports
- Excellent visual skills and experience working with communications and branding professionals
- Creative vision, a passion for learning and willingness to adopt and share new ideas
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, with a careful attention to detail
- Master's Degree
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Simultaneous ability to work as a member of a team and to work independently, and the ability to function effectively under uncertainty
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Analyst, data analysis, visualization, reporting, SQL, Crystal Reports, R, Stata, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote