Digital Value Creator.
Our Data Scientists (f/m/d) see things in data that other people don’t – like solutions, potential, and visions. They take huge quantities of data and harness just the information that is truly relevant. As a result, they help make production in factories, traffic in our cities, or transportation on rails even more reliable and functional. Become a problem-solver and use your ideas to drive engineering to new heights!
Moving into a sustainable and carbon-neutral future will require significant changes in the energy sector. Renewable energy and e-mobility bring new challenges for the power grids of the future. Climate change is requiring us to save energy and ensure the longevity of our assets (transformers, switching cabinets, etc.).
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we create environments that care! Become part of the team and joint mission for making sustainable infrastructure a reality. Join our interdisciplinary team of sales, product managers, marketing, engineering and data science focussing on a sustainable future. Jointly we tackle sophisticated problems of the energy value chain in innovative international projects. We are looking forward to meet you!
Change the future with us.
- Create powerful visualizations that help grid operators understand what's going on in their network
- Build recommender systems that provide next best actions for grid planners and grid operators to make grids ready for the future
- Forecast renewable energy production and energy consumption for factories to adjust their production schedules
- You identify data sources in our current digital products and services and support product managers in identifying data-driven use cases to further enhance our products
- You independently prepare the data for explorative data analysis and utilize the latest machine learning techniques pragmatically to validate feasibility of these use-cases
- Jointly with product managers and regional sales managers, you further validate the value of those use-cases with customers
What You Need To Make Real What Matters.
- A master's degree with a strong quantitative background such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, or physics
- Several years of relevant professional experience in the field of data science. First experience with (co)-leading projects is encouraged
- Ability to extract, aggregate and analyze data from various data sources like relational databases, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) and BigData databases (Hadoop, Spark)
- Deep understanding in either time-series analysis, event analytics or natural language processing. Significant experience with pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, spacy and a low-code app framework (dash, streamlit)
- You understand how to convert theoretical knowledge into practical results and can present insights to a non-technical audience
- You are excited to work in an interdisciplinary team, interact closely with customers and love to share your expertise with non-tech people
- Proficiency in English and conversational ability in German rounds off your profile
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week on average
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth in our global network of data scientists and digital minds.
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
- if you need further information on the application process.
Full / Part time: