At Julius Baer, we celebrate and value the individual qualities you bring, enabling you to be impactful, to be entrepreneurial, to be empowered, and to create value beyond wealth. Let’s shape the future of wealth management together.
You will be working in the Risk Management Team, within the Investment and Wealth Management Solution (IWMS) business area in Zürich. The IWMS Risk Management team develops and oversees the global framework for risk identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting for the IWMS sub-divisions.
In your role as Risk Data Analyst, you will be responsible globally to prepare and provide control reports in the area of investment suitability to different stakeholders and to perform respective controls. Additionally you will actively contribute with your analysis to the continuous improvement of JB’s global investment suitability framework.
Are you passionate about Risk Analysis in the area of client suitability? Do you enjoy working in an international and changing environment? Would you be interested to support a small and agile team? We are looking for someone like you to join our team.
- Preparation and quality control of data that is sourced and used for control reporting
- Maintain and provide investment suitability relevant control reporting to monitoring units as well as senior management globally
- Review and analysis of data across all sources of related control information
- Assess control patterns for advised services in Switzerland to assure suitability adherence (e.g. MiFID, FIDLEG)
- Support in internal data reconciliations and developing further automatizations
- Perform investment suitability related 1st line of defence controls
- Documentation of controls results so that a 3rd party can interpret the results
- Escalation / Reporting of significant findings / control results to Team Head and Control Owner
- Diligent follow-up for defects
- Close collaboration with other monitoring units in CRO and Front divisions and as well with respective IT responsibles
- A degree (University/FH/HF) in business economics, accounting or finance or concluded apprenticeship with Higher vocational business school
- Prior work experience in risk or finance environment is beneficial
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications ( Excel, Access, VBA or SQL would be a plus)
- Sound know how in handling large datasets
- The affinity to all kinds of topics around risk analysis and passion to work with data and in a agile environment
- Excellent language skills in German and English (oral and written form)
- Able to work on own initiative, willing to take responsibility and ownership
- Distinguished flexibility and efficiency
- Good communication skills in conjunction with assertiveness
- Able to build reliable and trusted relationships within the various functions of the organisation
- Thoroughly and precise work ability
- Quick apprehension and analytical skills
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool.