As a Data Scientist, you'll be responsible for providing analytical support to key clients within the business. Specifically, you will become a significant contributor of actionable insights which will drive strategy, support with tactical initiatives, as well as improve efficiency within the organization. Your analysis and reporting will help promote and sustain the profitable growth of the business. You are the type of individual who can energize the people around you and inspire fellow employees and shareholders with your natural curiosity and problem-solving ability.
- Proactively develop tactics and strategies to improve customer value and engagement across the organization.
- Build, implement, and maintain customer data models to support Marketing and Loyalty teams in their pursuit of increasing customer engagement and entanglement.
- Assist the organization in the ideation of new analytics initiatives ranging from descriptive, diagnostics, predictive models and prescriptive analytics.
- Masterful data storytelling and strategic thinking.
- Expertise with statistical techniques and their applications in business.
- Establish a strong understanding of customer profitability and financial performance to find creative ways to maximize profitability and customer engagement within our portfolio.
- Assist in the development of new key insights, by constructing models which can be leveraged throughout several different analysis types.
- Challenge the status quo through innovation of existing tools and processes.
- Provide proactive analyses on areas of the business which are influenced by economic/market shifts.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Math/Stats/Economics/Business or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience performing quantitative analysis
- 3+ years’ working with customer transactional data and customer models
- 3+ years’ statistical modelling experience
- Proficient in SQL, SAS, Python and/or R
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated confidence and clear presentation style
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated time and priority management skills
- Enthusiastic team player who demonstrates personal leadership
- Collaborates and works well with other teammates
- Flexibility to work as a member of the team and as an individual contributor
- Able to turn insights into actionable opportunities through strong storytelling and visualizations.
- Previous experience in loyalty or customer analytics
- Previous experience in retail environment
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques