Keyless is a deeptech cybersecurity company founded by renowned security experts, experienced technologists and business leaders, bringing more than 10 years of research to life.
Keyless is pioneering the world's first privacy-preserving biometric authentication and personal identity management platform, combining multi-modal biometrics with advanced cryptography, that leverages a distributed cloud architecture.
Keyless zero-knowledge biometrics solution eliminates the need to store and manage sensitive information, enabling businesses to adopt passwordless authentication, protect their remote workforce and enable strong customer authentication with just one look.
As a Data Scientist, you will dive deep into the technology that lies at the foundations of Keyless. You are able to exploit the data, especially biometrical data, in order to extract meaning and interpretation; you love to build mathematical and statistical models, design and implement algorithms with the aim of gaining insights and proposing data driven decisions and solutions. You will be part of the Machine Learning Team in Keyless working on computer vision, biometric data pipelines and deep learning models. This position requires strong analytical rigor and hacker mindset.
You know what it is needed in order to build data driven features that will positively impact, improving and evolving, the Keyless products. You are a data story teller, you see information and patterns where others see just bits. You are able to deliver: starting a project from the idea and driving it through the successful implementation.
What will you do?
Build a privacy-first biometric authentication and identity management platform.
- Be part of a highly qualified team of machine learning engineers, data scientists, and biometric researchers like (1) Seniors with 10+ years of industry experience, and (2) Researchers with PhDs and postdocs in machine learning and biometrics.
- Take ownership, be creative, and think outside the box to invent and build solutions to real-world customer problems.
- Working with datasets: running data collections, downloading, exploring, processing and understanding datasets.
- Build and improve deep learning models for biometrics (detection/recognition tasks with: face, liveness, behavioral and more) using common frameworks and tools like Python (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, MXNet, JupyterLab, Papermill, Google Cloud, AWS) in Linux cloud environments.
- Running cross-platform machine learning experiments, evaluating and analysing results, preparing reports.
- Scripting and automating data pipelines.
- Working in a dynamic environment of early-stage startup with focus on prototyping and fast delivery.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with data science / machine learning.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with data science / machine learning in industry.
- Computer vision, neural networks and machine learning experience.
- Leading data science / machine learning projects, evaluating and delivering them in production.
- Python, Linux, and common data science/machine learning tools/frameworks.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline STEM (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in English.
Nice to have:
- C++ development experience
- Experience building deep learning models for biometrics systems.
- Experience with deploying machine learning projects.
- Experience with cloud services and big data processing.
- Productionize deep learning models to run on the edge (mostly on smartphones).
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline as listed in Requirements.
- Limitless growth opportunity, working in a fast-paced international environment.
- Coffee, paid lunch and snacks in the office.
- A laptop of your choice.
- Summer retreats, company's merchandising, social dinners, and many other perks!
- Free accommodations & food in Rome (for those who reside outside of Italy).
- Equity (Incentive Stock Options).
- Long-term contract position.
- Main hub: Rome / flexible & remote working allowed.