CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
The Data Science team in Cartrawler are responsible for delivering incremental value across the business through the design and implementation of automated data driven solutions in areas such as pricing, recommendation, fraud....basically wherever data and automation can be used to drive improved business performance. We have built a suite of in-house technologies to help us achieve these goals - MVT testing infrastructure, ML build pipelines, Cloud-based service to serve ML models to production real-time and many more – you will work with some highly talented people here!
Reporting to: Head of Data Science
The purpose of your role:
- Conduct exploratory analysis to understand customer needs, provide business insights and derive new hypotheses.
- Using these insights, develop solutions which aim to enhance trading performance, maximize return on investment, optimize marketing efforts and enhance user experience.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing industry leading data science solutions through:
o Identifying detailed data requirements, sources, and structures to support solution development
o Driving the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
o Determining the optimal data science methodologies and technologies to use to solve the problem at hand
o Ensuring integrity of the data science solutions in terms of the underlying statistical and economic models and assumptions
o Collaborating in the development and deployment of proposed solutions to a live environment and tracking the effects in real time
o Devising statistically robust testing plans to validate effectiveness of solutions
o Interpreting real-time feedback from deployed tests and using this to inform planning of next steps
- Effectively communicate outputs to other team members and the wider business in a concise manner that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Keep up to date with the latest techniques, technologies and trends and identify opportunities within the business where they could be applied
- Developing leading POCs to create break through solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
- Learning from highly skilled colleagues
What background we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, or 2+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Understanding of statistical modelling, algorithms, data mining and machine learning workflows
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Comfortable manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- Familiarity with relational (SQL) databases
- Ability to create compelling visualisations and dashboards (using matplotlib, tableau, superset, plotly, ggplot)
- Knowledge of revision control systems (git) and modern development workflows (feature branches, pull requests etc…)
- Experience using more advanced ML libraries (tensorflow, theano, pytorch etc..) a plus
- Trading function, Partner Relationship Management, Supply & insurance and CCE to ensure they are equipped, where necessary, with information, context, insight, tools and resources
- Collaborate with Product & Technology to feed into product development cycles and to provide regular reporting on key metrics
- Work closely with Data Intelligence to support the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Other functions to provide data science solutions to foster new ways of thinking and improve business outcomes
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate the following competencies: Is this YOU?
- Strong passion for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment
- Curious nature and natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem - enjoy diving deep into the data to find an answer to a yet unknown question
- Ability to apply statistical or data mining techniques to solve real problems
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Clear thinker who asks the right questions
- Ability to create examples, prototypes and demonstrations to help management better understand the work of the team
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the study of quantitative analysis for an online business, and a passion for identifying and answering questions that help us directly influence company-level strategy, decision making and operational performance.
Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more