The Esntial eCommerce Analytics Team at Cox Automotive is looking for people who are excited to reimagine the way people buy and sell cars online and who want to advance the way it's done through the power of data and advanced analytics.
Data Engineers on eCommerce Analytics Team collaborate with Data Science and Product Engineering teams to design, build, and scale high-leverage datasets that enable analytics, modeling, and advanced analytics practices. In this role, you will be responsible for providing enabling the data and metrics that drive performance-based strategies. You will be responsible for processing structured and unstructured data, validating data quality, and developing and supporting data products that will advance Performance Management practices across the program. You will design, build and maintain data pipelines in a cloud environment, create a working knowledge of various source systems, develop the ability to extract data from these sources, and combine data into curated metrics.
This position interacts with a variety of teams to understand strategies, issues and provide information to support business decisions. The data provided by this individual would be used to make informed and data-driven decisions by internal stakeholders and external clients. This person should be able to work independently to design and implement solutions based on given requirements in a fast-paced environment.
Process Structured and Unstructured Data into Curated Metrics:
- Gathers and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Understands and enforces appropriate data master management techniques.
- Leverages SQL expertise to curate key performance indicators and metrics to drive business decisioning.
Data Validation and Quality
- Ensures data quality and implements tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues through proactive monitoring, anomaly detection and alerting.
- Work with internal and external data providers on data validation providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings.
- Understands the challenges that the analytics organization faces in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable data solutions.
- Is able to lead and facilitate data and metrics discovery on new data sets and develop solution options for review, taking into account the current state and future state of the product and related use cases.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Implements and optimizes data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories.
- Installs, maintains, monitors, and supports business intelligence, distributed computation, and big data analytics tools.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively works with less experienced data engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new data technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Remote role, Eastern Time working hours.
Up to 5% travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years experience in a related field
- Must be comfortable navigating large, complex, and possibly disparate data sets and transforming and/or joining from those sets using SQL.
- Expertise with writing SQL queries from scratch or altering existing code.
- Must have experience with at least one data warehouse software (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Snowflake).
- Must have hands-on experience with creating tables and views for analytics and reporting within a Snowflake data warehouse.
- Working experience in building data warehouse ETL tools.
- Must have working experience collaborating with multiple teams to drive a set of data outputs.
- Must be able to work within Eastern Time Zone hours.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Experience with Python and ability to write programs for ETL purposes.
- Experience with AWS data engineering tools or Google Cloud Platform a plus.
- Working experience using business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Domo) is preferred.
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to clearly communicate solution options and trade offs preferred.
- Desired to have Automotive experience and understanding of Dealer and Consumer Metrics and Analytics.
- Previous work experience as a Data Engineer or Solution Architect in a consultancy or product organization or in a consultative capacity within a large organization preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic.
- Strong teambuilding skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
USD 96,100.00 - 160,100.00 per yearAbout Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!About Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.