HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company. We create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of passionate, talented, and curious individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
Accelerating digital transformation to enable better customer experiences and seamless operational execution has become even more important as the pandemic highlighted how interconnected the world is. Data Science, Big Data and Data Analytics are changing how factories, warehouses, and logistics work.
Digital transformation isn’t possible without the right talents. We’re looking for a junior data engineer & scientist who is obsessed with the power of data to make HP logistics lead in the new, digitally powered, global supply chain.Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Supports Data Engineer & Data Science activities around logistics operations, freight costs & sustainability (carbon footprint)
- Develops and maintains datasets while taking actions to improve data quality
- Mines data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions creating business value and innovation for logistics
- Ties insights into effective visualizations communicating business value and innovation potential.
- Present results and recommendations to relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership based upon analytical findings
- Maintains proficiency within the data science domain by keeping up with technology and trend shifts
Education & Experience
- Ability to build and optimize data sets
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Extensive experience using statistics, mathematics, algorithms, and programming languages to solve big data challenges.
- Ability to define and create complex models to pull valuable insights, predictions, and innovation from data.
- Effectively and creatively tell stories and create visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Theoretical and applied skills in Machine Learning
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights and negotiate options at senior management levels
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work as part of a global team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent.
- Ideally experience in a supply chain function
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!