Information AnalyticsJob Description:Job Title:
Geneva, Switzerland.Relocation/ Sponsorship:
Limited Travel required (10-20%)
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in energy and transportation, construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
We build what matters!
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
What will Caterpillar do for you?From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar:
helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
The Global Construction and Infrastructure (GCI) Division has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist. As the Sales and Marketing arms for Excavation, Earthmoving and Load & Haul, our division operates all around the globe dealing with customers and dealers in a highly competitive environment.
Within the GCI Insights team, this role will be supporting the GCI Sales Team in telling compelling stories with data that empowers organizational leaders to make better and more informed decisions. The incumbent will be mainly responsible for designing and maintaining data in preparation for analysis and to communicate insights/recommendations to the sales teams. This position is a unique opportunity to learn about our commercial organization and to work on complex business issues. You will be integrated into a dynamic worldwide business resource team and be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people; enhancing the team’s creativity; maintaining knowledge of approaches used in similar projects; and pushing the technical bounds of experimentation while meeting customer commitments.Focus areas & responsibilities:
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases, including troubleshooting potential issues
- Mining and cleaning data in preparation for analysis
- Identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy across the world to leverage regional development into our worldwide organization.
- Communicating insights with business teams and key stakeholders
- Preparing reports which effectively communicate on GCI Key metrics
- Preparing strategic recommendations for process adjustments, procedures, and performance improvements
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- University degree preferably in data analytics, statistics, finance or business administration and demonstrable strong knowledge of Data Science
- A minimum of one year relevant experience
- Proficient skills in Power BI including DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) & Power Query M coding
- Must be comfortable working in MS Office
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in developing Insights with Power BI
- Knowledge of SQL, DevOps, Alteryx and/or Snowflake is a plus.
- Effective Team building and collaborative skills
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network