As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators, and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry.
Our VCA teams offers,
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients. This potential candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Statistical modeling to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers, and merchants.
- Develop and deploy analytical models and techniques within the organization and clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants
- Utilize Visa's data and analytic capabilities, technology, and industry expertise to develop, standardized and implement the consulting solutions.
- Identify relevant market trends by country, based on a deep analysis of payment industry Information. Interacting with several internal and external stakeholders for the strategic definition of analysis and initiatives.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas to improve current business practices within Visa.
- Perform client-specific analysis on portfolio data including proprietary information, such as customer demographics, activity, spend levels and financial information.
- Work with large volumes of data, extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Spark, Python, and SQL.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing large data sets.
- Enhance and optimize codes that scale critical business processes.
- Develop and validate advance data mining tools, algorithms, and other capabilities to solve business problem. Experience doing ML using R, Python (Scikit-learn, etc.) or other similar software.
- Design and develop dashboards using Tableau or Power BI
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- BA/BS required, MBA or other relevant master’s degree preferred (eg, Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
- 8+ years of overall experience with a preferred minimum of 5 in a Bankcard and/or Retailer
- Strong interest in the future of payments a must.
- Experience in big data analytics (Hadoop) and statistical modeling in Python, Spark or R.
- Experience designing and developing dashboards using Tableau
- Excellent project management and organizational and presentational skills.
- Strong Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient oral/written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Team player.
- Initiative, creativity, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task various projects.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do, Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”