This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
This position is primarily responsible for deriving, documenting and gaining approval for data, reporting / system requirements with respects to Business Intelligence. The MI Data Analyst acts as a liaison between business people, who have a business problem, and IT development and the reporting team (e.g., report, data), who know how to create automated solutions. The MI Data Analyst gathers and understands business needs, determining, documenting and prioritizing requirements from the business and presenting these requirements in a manner that is agreeable, measurable and flexible enough to meet project and stakeholder needs. The MI Data Analyst may design and prototype solutions and will work with the development team to implement and test solutions.
- Through analysis of data, determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
- Work with production data to validate business requirements to design appropriate database structures
- Map business needs/requirements to subject area model and to logical enterprise model
- Perform systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future states
- Profile data to spot trends as input into root cause, requirement identification/validation and compliance efforts
- Assist with the creation of test plans and pre-UAT testing, documenting and tracking issues and ensuring timely issue resolution
- Plan and execute tests to verify that the developed data and reports, support the specifications and requirements provided by the business unit and are in accordance with business objectives
- Research urgent issues, coordinating with the development team on the same and identifying new requirements, when required
- Develop the mockup of the report and/or data solution.
- Coordinate and communicate between business and the BI team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in data warehouse, business intelligence solutions or related discipline
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples) with a strong foundation in SQL and RDBMS technology
- Working knowledge of ETL/BI concepts and tools such as SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Business Objects
- Expertise in testing complex SQL queries and stored procedures as well as testing Business Intelligence solutions (cubes, reports, dashboards, scorecards) developed in tools such as SSRS, Tableau, Business Objects
- Understanding of implementation processes and best practices around data warehousing and business intelligence
- Awareness of delivery and operations fundamentals such as data quality management, monitoring and reconciliation controls.
- Excel experience, able to create pivot tables, vlookups and review the same with business partners
- Property and Casualty insurance experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Strong oral and written communication skills