LMI is seeking a Data Engineer to assist a team that is designing and developing complex, enterprise level information systems that will shape the future of how the Army procures technology.
It is anticipated that the majority of the duties for this position will be remote. However, applicants may be required to occasionally report to Ft. Belvoir, VA or the Pentagon for client interactions. Preferred candidates will be located in the Washington DC metro area.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI has been named a 2022 #TopWorkplace in the United States by Top Workplaces! We are honored to be recognized as a company that values a people-centered culture, and we are grateful to our employees for making this possible!
This position requires an active Secret clearance.
As a Data Engineer you will help develop and deploy technical solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems, using various platforms to integrate data, transform insights, and build first-class applications for operational decisions. You will leverage everything around you: core customer products, open source technologies and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
- Building data models/schemas and applications
- Using SQL and NoSQL-based stores and data models/schemas
- Developing data ontologies, business rules and creating metadata
- Creating automated ETL/data pipelines
- Creating data flow diagrams
- Developing API endpoints and logic
- Active Secret Clearance required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related business or quantitative discipline (Master’s degree preferred)
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- 1–5 years of experience in data engineering or a related field
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Proven track-record of strong customer communications including feedback gathering, execution updates, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in cloud deployments/kubernetes
- Ability to link analytic and data visualization products to database connections