GEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics and the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
For the GEODIS North, East and Central European Region in Hamburg (Germany), Frankfurt am Main (Germany), Gothenburg (Sweden)
or Vejle (Denmark)
, we are
looking for a Regional Data Engineer (m/f/x).
- Act as an expert and multiplicator for big data, digitalization & automation within regional sales & marketing in the fields of BI incl. Data Modeling
- Analyze, optimize and automatize reporting processes by leveraging existing tools such as Qlik, Salesforce.com and Genesis BI
- Become the regional Power MS BI subject matter expert
- Identify value promising PoCs, develop them to working solutions, scale them up, provide user trainings and first level support
- Evaluate and benchmark new data technologies and architecture
- Collaborate with the corporate and regional Sales/BI/Finance community to support global digital transformation initiatives
- Collect, manage and visualize sales, operational and financial data
- Create and visualize ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports based on salesforce.com data including relevant regional sales KPI
- Contribute to annual sales budgeting processes
- Train team members to enhance coding skills (SQL, Python, VBA)
- Bachelor degree or above in a quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience in data analytics, preferably in sales & marketing
- Deep understanding of BI and data warehousing concepts/data modeling techniques (OLTP and OLAP)
- Familiar with a wide range of business intelligence and analytics tools, e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Looker
- Proficiency in several SQL and NoSQL indexing and database technologies such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Expertise in data modelling and ETL processes
- Proficiency in Spark and programming languages “Java/Scala” (preferred) and/or “Python” and/or “R”
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel including VBA
- Business Fluent in English, other European languages are considered as a plus (preferably German, French, Swedish, Dutch, Polish)
- Salesforce.com knowledge or any other CRM knowledge is considered as a plus
- Project management experience (Agile)
- A collegial, open and highly international working atmosphere
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Corporate benefits
Please indicate your salary expectation in your motivation letter and confirm your agreement to the storage of your application documents for at least 6 months.
We are looking forward receiving your application!